Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things That Scare Me

My parents visited us recently and my mother couldn't resist taking a photo of my father with my wife, our dog and me in our backyard. I didn't think much of the photo at the time and had completely forgotten it. Then the package arrived in the mail with a note about the nice pictures.


My wife, Wendy, saw my face and asked what was wrong and I told her the transformation was complete. Without trying, my father and I had struck the same pose and I realized that what I saw in the mirror every morning was no mirage. Each and every morning, when I look in the mirror, I see my father. I've asked my wife to warn me if I start acting like him and her only response is, "That would be sweet."

Belated happy father's day, dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!!!
Dave, you should be so lucky. It happens to all of us. :)

Dean said...

Even the feet are aligned ...:-)
Still your old man wins kudos for wearing no shoes, though your wife is the barefooted back to nature winner !

BTW what is your wife holding ?
I know it must be a dog !!!

Dave Dargo said...

That "dog" is a Pekingnese and his name is Sammy. I call him eight pounds of bark. Wendy cuts his fur short so he doesn't suffer in the heat and that makes the dog disarmingly cute. The truth of the matter is he's a curmudgeonly old man and merely tolerates my presence. In the photo I'm guessing that he's looking at me trying to figure out how I rate so much as to be able to sit next to his mistress.